Being a bank teller allows you to interact with a variety of people on a daily basis.
Greeting customers, handling their transactions, and answering their questions are just a small part of a teller's daily duties at the bank. Many of our tellers have served this vital function of the bank for a number of years, while others have used the position as a stepping stone to other positions within the bank.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Greeting customers and handling paper and cash transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cashing checks, accepting loan payments, and sale of negotiable instruments.
- Granting customers access to safe deposit boxes when necessary.
- Processing mail and night drop transactions.
- Maintaining files as required including signature cards, night deposit log and mail log.
- Balancing teller drawer at the end of each shift and other wrap up work that may be necessary.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintaining regular and reliable attendance, and the ability to work flexible hours, including weekends (if branch is open on weekends).
If you have skills in communicating, operating a computer, basic arithmetic and can demonstrate accurace and efficiency in a high-paced environment, then a rewarding career as a bank teller may be for you!