Our Roots and Banking History
Pinnacle Bank is known in the communities we serve for our strength, stability, service, and values. It's been that way since our beginning in Palmer, Nebraska.
During the Great Depression, Palmer's only bank closed. So, brothers George and Tom Dinsdale, along with some friends, decided to do something to help their community.
Roy and Jack, George's sons, first started expanding their family-owned bank in 1959 when they purchased the bank in Neligh, Nebraska.
The Dinsdales purchased First State Bank, which had a long history serving the community, and their locations in Keene, Joshua, Cleburne and Burleson. This was Pinnacle Bank’s first expansion into Texas.
Our banks in Texas unified under a single name, Pinnacle Bank, to reflect our connection with Pinnacle Bancorp, Inc.
Pinnacle Bank acquired First Bank and added 6 new locations throughout Johnson, Tarrant and Parker counties, for a total of 12 branches in Texas.
Pinnacle Bancorp purchased Woodhaven National Bank and its eight locations in the Fort Worth area.